What information we collect and why we collect it
We may collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact Information such as your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, date of birth, social security number, nationality, passport information, and credit card information that you provide us when paying for our software (“Personal Information”).
- The financial and personally identifiable information that you provide on the Website in order for you to prepare a tax return or for certain institutions to withhold taxes from payments made to you (“Tax Related Information”).
- Sprintax also collects non-personal information (i.e., information that does not identify you as an individual) about how you access and use the Website (“Usage Information”). Usage Information includes information about browser type, domain names, pages browsed, access times, referring website addresses, operating system, search query, and entry and exit pages.
- Sprintax may also collect information about your computer and hardware (“Devise Information”), including your IP address, MAC Address or other unique identifier (each a “Device Identifier”) regarding the computer, mobile device, Wi-Fi card, or other technology (collectively, “Device”) that you use to access the Website. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device when you access a web site or its servers. Our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier.
- Information you provide on our blogs (“Blog Information”). The information you provide on our blogs is in your control.
- Testimonials that you provide us (“Testimonial Information”)
How your information is used
We will never sell your information to third parties. We use your information in the following ways:
- Sprintax uses the Personal Information that you provide us to better understand your needs, to provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To administer your account
- If you order products on our Website, we use the credit card information to authorize and process payment to us, provide you access to the applicable software, and manage your account
- To send you periodical marketing and promotional communications, such as emails, newsletters, SMS text messages (where you have subscribed to this information and have not unsubscribed)
- To provide the service you have requested and respond to your inquiries more effectively
- To improve our products and services
- We use your Tax Related Information in order to help you calculate your taxes and prepare applicable tax returns. We provide institutions that are required to withhold taxes from payments made to you (such as educational institution in which you are a student, teacher, employee, intern, researcher, trainee, or other visitor) with the Tax Related Information that you provide for that purpose in order to allow such institutions to calculate the amount of tax that such institutions are required to withhold.
- We use your Usage Information and Device Information to enhance your visitor experience on the Website. We track the pages that you browse in order to identify ways we can best serve our customers and allow customers to quickly navigate the Website. We keep track of the pages our customers visit within the Website in order to improve our Website and create a more personalized Website experience. We use Usage Information to understand how our customers are using the Website so that we can enhance your experience on the Website on later visits to the Website.
- With certain limitations, the Blog Information that you post will appear on the blogs on our Website.
- With your consent, we may use your Testimonial Information on the Website.
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails.
Updating, verifying and deleting Personal Data
You may inform us of any changes in your Personal Data by logging into your account on the Website. In your account, you can find out what Personal Data we hold and request that we delete or change your Personal Data. Alternatively, you can contact us by email at the e-mail address indicated on the Website in order to change or delete your Personal Data.
Custom Audience Adverts (Facebook)
We may participate in Facebook.com’s Custom Audience program. This enables us to display personalized ads to persons on our email lists when they visit Facebook.com. We provide Personal Information such as your email address and phone number to Facebook to enable Facebook to determine if you are a registered account holder with Facebook. To opt-out of participation in our Facebook Custom Audience, send an email from the email address you would like to opt out, to the email address provided in our contact information below. For your opt-out to be effective, you must:
- place the following text in the subject line of the email – “Opting Out of Facebook.com Website Custom Audience Ads”
- include in the body of the email your name and email address
We will then forward your name and email address to Facebook.com with a request to delete you from all of our Facebook Custom Audience Ads.
Other Personalized And Behavioral Advertising Services
We may participate in additional targeting and behavioral advertising services that will be similar to the Facebook program described above. You can control the placement of cookies and other data collection methodologies for the purposes of opting out.
Cookies and other Tracking Technologies
Links to Third Party Sites
Additional Policy Information
Our Website offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. We also have testimonials on our Website. If you post Testimonial Information on our Website, we will obtain your consent to use your Testimonial Information on the Website.
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
If you wish to provide feedback or if you have any questions or concerns or wish to exercise your rights related to your personal data, you can contact us by writing to, or emailing us at the address below:
333 N. Michigan Ave
Chicago IL 60601