Canadian tax preparation for temporary workers

Worked temporarily in Canada?
You can easily prepare your income tax documents online using Sprintax Canada

Tax return from $69.95

Get your tax forms securely online


What does Sprintax Canada do for temporary workers

Non-resident and emigrant tax preparation software

Whether you spend the winter as a ski instructor on the Banff or Whistler slopes, or the summer season working in a bustling Canadian city, if you are employed as a temporary worker in Canada you are required to file tax documents.

Sprintax Canada will help you prepare your tax return!

We are the only online tax preparation software for non-resident tax returns.

By creating a Sprintax Canada account you can:

Prepare your Canadian tax documents easily online

Claim your maximum tax refund

Determine your tax residency

Stay 100% compliant with the CRA

How Sprintax Canada tax preparation works

Your Canadian tax preparation in a few simple steps


Create an account with Sprintax Canada


Answer a few simple questions


Sprintax checks deductions and expenses


Sprintax prepares the tax form


Print forms and send to tax authorities

wave wave

We are here to help!

Sprintax Canada is the only online tax preparation tool for non-residents in Canada.
We will ensure you stay 100% compliant with the CRA.

Got some Canadian tax questions?

Contact our Live Chat agents anytime 24/7

Frequently asked questions

It’s important to properly determine your Canadian tax residency status in order to file your tax return correctly.

In short, you are considered a non-resident in Canada if:

  1. You normally live in another country and are not considered a resident of Canada, or
    you do not have significant residential ties in Canada
  2. You lived outside Canada throughout the tax year, or
    you stayed in Canada for less than 183 days in the tax year

In order to report your foreign income as a non-resident, you must fill out a Federal (TD1) tax form. This form is used to determine your entitlement to personal tax credits in Canada.

In short, if you earn 90% of your income for that tax year in Canada, you can claim the credits.

In this case, you should tick ‘yes’ on the first page of the form.

However, if you earned more than 10% of your income outside Canada, you are not entitled to the credits, and you should tick ‘no’ on the first page of the form.

Every taxpayer in Canada, including those on temporary visas (such as a working holiday visa) or seasonal agricultural workers, are obliged to file a tax return where they have had to pay tax for the year.

An income tax return is used to report the income you earned and tax you paid during the tax year.

The deadline for filing your tax return, and paying any balance of tax due is usually 30 April.

Many taxpayers in Canada overpay tax every year. By filing your tax return, you can apply for your tax refund and get your tax back.

Self-prep means that our software will prepare all of your tax documents for you!

All you have to do is complete our easy online questionnaire, download and print your tax documents, and mail them to the CRA.

If you have overpaid tax while working in Canada, or you are entitled to claim benefits, you may be due a tax refund.

Many workers on temporary visas or work permits (such as a working holiday visa) are entitled to claim tax back every year.

The easiest way to claim your tax refund is to prepare your tax documents with Sprintax Canada.

You’ll need to pay the outstanding amount to the tax office before the filing deadline.

The annual deadline for paying your taxes is typically the 30 April.

You can pay by check, bank transfer or use your credit or debit card.

You can prepare a payment voucher, and mail it to the CRA with a check, or money order if you choose this payment method.

Sprintax Canada will provide the filled-out form for you. You will find detailed information about the method you have chosen in your instructions.

If you earn over the tax-free allowance, you can claim certain expenses, (such as medical, business and tuition expenses) in order to reduce your tax liability.

If you intend on claim expenses, you must keep all relevant receipts.