Canadian tax preparation for international contruction workers

Online self-preparation tax solution for non-resident income tax returns

Tax return from $69.95

Get your tax forms securely online


What does Sprintax Canada do for international construction workers?

Non-resident and emigrant tax preparation software

Construction is hard work. Your tax return doesn’t have to be.

By creating a Sprintax Canada account you can

Prepare your Canadian tax documents

Claim your maximum tax refund

Determine your residency status

Discuss your tax questions
anytime 24/7 with our Live Chat team

How Sprintax Canada tax preparation works

Your Canadian tax preparation in a few simple steps


Create an account with Sprintax Canada


Answer a few simple questions


Sprintax checks deductions and expenses


Sprintax prepares the tax form


Print forms and send to tax authorities

wave wave

We are here to help!

100% Compliant

Sprintax Canada is the only online tax preparation software for non-residents and emigrants in Canada
and will ensure you stay compliant with the CRA

Frequently asked questions

Yes, non-residents working in Canada need to pay tax on the income they earn in Canada. However, you can earn up to a certain amount without paying tax.

There are no specific tax deductions for foreign construction workers in Canada.

In order to report your foreign income as a non-resident, you must fill out a Federal (TD1) tax form.

This form is used to determine your entitlement to personal tax credits in Canada. In short, if you earn 90% of your income for that tax year in Canada, you can claim the credits. In this case, you should tick ‘yes’ on the first page of the form.

However, if you earned more than 10% of your income outside Canada, you are not entitled to the credits, and you should tick ‘no’ on the first page of the form.

A spouse or common-law partner will change the way you file your annual tax return.

However, it doesn’t change your actual tax rate. Being married or having a common-law partner can also affect your eligibility to receive additional tax benefits and spousal transfers.

If you have overpaid tax while working in construction, or you are entitled to claim benefits, you may be due a tax refund.

Many non-resident construction workers are entitled to claim tax back. The easiest way to claim your tax refund is to prepare your tax documents with Sprintax Canada.

You’ll need to pay the outstanding amount to the tax office before the filing deadline. The annual deadline for paying your taxes is typically the 30 April.

You can pay by check, bank transfer or use your credit or debit card.

You can prepare a payment voucher and mail it to the CRA with a check or money order if you choose this payment method. Sprintax Canada will provide the filled-out form for you. You will find detailed information about the method you have chosen in your instructions.